It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:55 am

Dog in back of XKR

If you are not a member of the XKEC but want to view examples of previous advice then please view here. Pleae note however that this is open to the public for viewing only.

Moderators: Karen Gregory, The Guv'nor, Robocop, Cliff, mistral_blue, Scottish-Exile, Claretblue, JJ

Re: Dog in back of XKR

Postby NIK » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:11 pm

alan jan-janin wrote:Hope you have a safe method of securing that big dog in the back - as a physics teacher you know better than most what will happen if you need to brake suddenly from speed... #-o

I'll second that Alan :smt023 especially as it's a "fat dog " [j28] , Edward our Cocker Spaniel has a special harness that plugs into the seatbelt when he travels in the back of Jan's Micra :smt023 ,

All the best ,

Nik
1998 XK8 Coupé Antigua Blue N1XKO
Very proud winner of "Best XK8/R" at 2011 Growler
Very , very proud winner of "Best XK8/R at 2012 Growler
I want to die like my Grandfather did , in his sleep , not like his passengers , SCREAMING!!!
NIK
Regional Officer
Regional Officer

Re: Dog in back of XKR

Postby alan jan-janin » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:17 pm

NIK wrote:
alan jan-janin wrote:Hope you have a safe method of securing that big dog in the back - as a physics teacher you know better than most what will happen if you need to brake suddenly from speed... #-o

I'll second that Alan :smt023 especially as it's a "fat dog " [j28] , Edward our Cocker Spaniel has a special harness that plugs into the seatbelt when he travels in the back of Jan's Micra :smt023 ,

All the best ,

Nik

Yes, with Brembos fitted a Yorkshire Terrier weighs as much as a Great Dane under braking :lol::

Well, almost...
Virtus Non Stemma

1999 Topaz XKR Coupe

Sturgess' "Most Desirable Car" GROWLER 2011
Best X100 - Beaulieu SHOW & SHINE 2013
Clubman of The Year 2013-2014
alan jan-janin
Top Gear Stig Of Posts
Top Gear Stig Of Posts

Previous

Return to Non-Member Posting Area